Morland House flu clinics will start on Saturday 26th September. Please phone us on 01865 872448 to book your appointment.
This year the flu vaccine is being offered on the NHS to:
- adults 65 and over
- people with certain medical conditions (including children in at-risk groups from 6 months of age)
- pregnant women
- people living with someone who’s at high risk from coronavirus (on the NHS shielded patient list)
- children aged 2 and 3 on 31 August 2020
- children in primary school in an at risk group, if they have missed the school programme
- children in year 7 (secondary school) also in an at risk group, if they have missed the school programme
- frontline health or social care workers
Please note that, if you are aged between 50 and 64 and not in a clinical at risk group, the earliest you will be offered a flu vaccination is November, providing there is sufficient vaccine. No appointments will be offered for people in this age group until then. This is to ensure that those who are most at risk are vaccinated first. If you are aged 50 to 64 and are in a clinical ‘at risk’ group which is eligible for the flu vaccination, for example you have a health condition which puts you at risk from the flu, you will be invited earlier.
Please visit the NHS website for more information: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/flu-influenza-vaccine/