Old Field

Old FieldIn 1896 ownership of the 4 acre field was passed to the Parish Council as an area for exercise and recreation, and this ideology remains to this day.

Since 1985 the Old Field Management Committee has maintained the area with a view to establishing a peaceful, rural area for the enjoyment of local people whilst allowing an increasing diversity of wildlife to flourish.  The area includes established woodland of oak, ash and hazel, a pond and a newly planted area of trees funded by a tree sponsorship scheme. Indigenous wild flower bulbs have been planted and bird, bat and owl boxes have been positioned to encourage the biodiversity of wildlife.

Contacts: David Holme, Niki Patrick, Hazel Hand